Most often, people start exploring wall artwork for their home when everything is settled – right from wall painting to interior décor. In our opinion, if you choose modern artwork for living room or any room in your home even before choosing the color of your walls, it can save you a huge amount of time and effort in color selection and decoration. Dare we say it, but we think modern artwork is indeed an essential element in interior design.
Choose Artwork for Your Home before Deciding Wall Color Palette. (Why???)
We all know how much time people take in deciding the right shade for their walls. There are hundreds of paint shades available for your home improvement project which makes it even more difficult to find the color that best fits your vision for the room. When you choose artwork while planning your home renovation or interior design, it can provide you with an instant vision of the color palette. It provides you with an opportunity to paint, design, and decorate your room by keeping the wall art as the central attraction in your mind.
Thus, we would advise you to leave the paint color behind and focus on searching for stunning modern artwork for home instead. Once you find wall art that you are in absolute love with, you can easily decide which wall shade as well as room decorative pieces or furniture will go with it.
Have Already Finished Everything Except Choosing Wall Art? If Yes, Here’s what to do.
Keep the wall and furniture color of your living room in mind. Also, be mindful of the size of your living room and where you will hang the artwork. Will you hang it above the sofa, table, fireplace mantel, or beside the window? Or, would you like to keep the area below the wall art steer clear of anything?
Once you decide on the placement, start exploring the collection of modern artwork for living room and visualize which one of them would work the best with the existing décor. This will give you a fair idea about what to choose and what to not.
Tips for Hanging Wall Art in Your Living Room
- If possible, hang the wall art at eye-level to create a rhythm and balance in the room design. It also allows you and others to look, reflect, and admire the work, your choice, and personality more often.
- If you are hanging the painting above the sofa or other furniture, make sure that you don’t hang it too high. There should be a consistent space of 6 to 8 inches between the frame and top of your sofa. Otherwise, it would look disconnected from the whole design and theme.
- If you are hanging one piece of wall art, make sure it is about two-thirds of the width of your sofa.
- Don’t choose the wall art that is too small for your wall. A general rule of thumb is that it should take up around 4/7 of the space.
- Hanging a large modern wall art alone on the wall with nothing on either side or below it is also a great way to create a style statement.
Modern artwork for home is the ultimate home décor style that gives a sense of exotic aura and luxury. The only trick is that you choose the one that blends well without losing its attraction and character.